DAConsult Forums
DAConsult Forums
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Windows
 Windows 7
 Flash Player Installation Problems

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert Email Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

Check here to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
1029usr078198 Posted - December 16 2009 : 08:55:28
If you have the 64-bit version of Windows 7, Flash only works in the 32-bit version of Internet Explorer. But if you have the 32-bit version of Windows, it should just work. The steps below only assume that you can't install the Flash Player. If you get it installed, but have problems with buffering, hanging, or whatever, these steps probably won't help. If that's your situation, I suggest uninstalling the Flash Player, and the Flash Player ActiveX (or OCX) control.

Step-By-Step

Step 1 - Install

Get the player software at http://get.adobe.com/flashplayer/

If the normal download doesn't work for some reason, you can download it directly here.

Step 2 - Check

If the automatic download works, you'll see this next page automatically. If it doesn't check here: http://get.adobe.com/flashplayer/completion/dlm/. On this page you should see an animation that says, "Adobe Flash Player successfully installed" and a non-animated box below and to the right of the first one that says, "Installation complete" and shows the version of the player you have just installed. If you see this, skip down to step X - Verification

If, on the other hand, this page shows two boxes with red x's in them, then continue on.

Step 3 - Add Registry Entry

Download our Flash Enabling registry file here. Feel free to save, and then look at, this file if you wish. It should say the following:
Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00

[HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\CLSID\{D27CDB6E-AE6D-11cf-96B8-444553540000}\MiscStatus\1]
@="131473"

If it doesn't please let me know. Rather than downloading, you may also paste that text into Notepad, and save it with a .REG extension. Please note that when saving, you must enclose the name in quotation marks. If not, Notepad will save it as a text file rather than a registry script file. If that makes no sense to you, let me suggest the download.

Click Run after the download completes if you choose not to view the code inside first. If you did choose to view the code inside the download file, or if you did the cut and paste with Notepad, then double-click the file you made/downloaded to open it.

A User Account Control prompt may pop up. If so, allow the process to continue.

Another prompt will pop up asking if you wish to merge the file's contents into the registry. Click Yes.

Repeat Step 2 above. If it still fails, continue.

Step 4 - Enable the plugin

If it still doesn't work, we need to make sure the Flash Plugin is enabled in Internet Explorer.

Click Internet Explorer's Tools menu to drop down the tools menu.
Click Manage Add-ons. The Manage Add-ons window will pop up. Give it a second to populate the listing in the upper right side of the window.
Check the list for Shockwave Flash Player. Look in the Status column. If it shows a status of Disabled, then click Shockwave Flash Player, and click the enable button in the bottom right side of the window. The status should change to enabled.
Click Close. This will close the Manage Add-ons window.

Again repeat Step 2 above. It shouldn't fail now. If it does, contact Adobe.

Step 5 - Verify

Try to watch this YouTube video:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lk5_OSsawz4&feature=channel

It should work (and be cool, by the way)

Hope it helps,
David

DAConsult Forums © 2007-2010 David Anderson Consulting Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.04 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.06