DAConsult Forums
DAConsult Forums
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Windows
 Microsoft Office
 Powerpoint won't play video (except for sound)

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert Email Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

Check here to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
1029usr078198 Posted - September 27 2010 : 08:09:57
When I had a Powerpoint presentation that wouldn't play video. The video would usually start, then at some point the image would freeze, but the audio would continue. In researching the answer, I found this link:

http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20090108165345AA8alBe

Which in answer to this question says:

quote:

This is the only fix I know, and I've never figured out if it hurts any other performance - when running a slideshow or on my computer in general. So when I'm done with a presentation, I reset it.

On Windows XP, go to your computer desktop, right click and select Properties (or go into the Start Menu --> Control Panel --> Display). Go to the Settings tab, click Advanced in the lower right corner. Go to the Troubleshoot tab, slide the Hardware Acceleration down one notch. Hit apply. Try running your PowerPoint. If you still have a black hole, go back and move the slider down another notch, etc. Eventually you should see your video.

On Vista - I'm 98% sure the control panel is the same and you should be able to locate it through Control Panels or something from the right click - I just don't know what it's called.

And this accelerator setting applies to any version of PowerPoint.

Hope it helps,
David

DAConsult Forums © 2007-2010 David Anderson Consulting Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.02 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.06