DAConsult Forums
DAConsult Forums
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 General
 News Archive
 How do I know my computer is an Ultrabook?

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert Email Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

Check here to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
1029usr078198 Posted - November 23 2014 : 22:06:48

How do I know if my notebook is an Ultrabook?
And why should I care?

Posted 10/25/2012
The best way to know if you have an Ultrabook® is by the presence of the Ultrabook® label on the system, because the presence of that label indicates that this particular system has been validated by Intel. This process ensures that the system meets all the design specifications laid out by Intel to qualify to be called an Ultrabook®.

What is required for a notebook computer to be considered an Ultrabook?
Wow! That’s a big one. Let’s take it a little at a time.
  • Processor: 17-watt Core™ processor – 17 watts is an extremely low power threshold. Desktop processors qualify as low-power at 45 watts.

• Thin: 18 to 23 millimeters depending on screen size and touch screen features.

• Battery Life: 5+ hours minimum, 8+ hours is common

• Responsiveness: This one is great – a computer that is hibernated should be able to wake up with the keyboard active in less than 7 seconds. Plus, on newer Ultrabooks, either a pure Solid State Drive or a Hybrid drive using Intel RAID technologies to combine a Solid State Drive for speed with a traditional magnetic Hard Drive for capacity to make the system much more responsive than before.

• Wi-Fi is required, but with newer Ultrabooks, USB 3.0 and Intel® Wireless Display (WiDi) is also required. Wired Ethernet LAN is only required if vPro technology is also enabled.

• On average, a laptop is stolen every 50 seconds. Intel Anti-Theft Technology is both enabled and turned on to make a stolen laptop useless to the thief. Read more about Intel Anti-Theft Technologies including Intel’s Identity Protection Technology used to thwart identity thieves here.

DAConsult Forums © 2007-2010 David Anderson Consulting Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.02 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.06