Posted - February 19 2010 : 15:40:52
| If you've forgotten your sa password, you can easily blank it out.
- Open a Command Prompt
- Type cd c:\program files\microsoft sql server\80\tools\binn and press enter.
- Type osql -E -S SQLNamedInstance or blank
- If you get a 1 prompt, then type sp_password NULL,new_sa_password,sa and press enter
- Type go and press enter. If you get a message that the password was changed...
- Type exit and press enter to exit from osql.
[*]Verify that the change took by typing: osql -Usa -S SQLNamedInstance or blank. If you can get past the password prompt, you're good to go.
Hope it helps,