Posted - November 07 2007 : 14:29:23
Originally posted by 1029usr078198
How do you turn off User Account Control? I'm tired of having to say "Yes, it's OK" all the time?
This is actually in the Vista Help & Support pages, but isn't very clear.
1. Click the pearl (aka Start Button) to open the start menu.
2. Click Control Panel. Control Panel opens.
3. Choose "Classic View" in the task pane on the left side of the control panel window. Control Panel will change to a more "normal" view that just shows you the icons of all the control panel applets.
4. Open "User Accounts" to open the User Accounts window.
5. Click "Turn User Account Control on or off".
6. Un-check the box labeled, "Use User Account Control (UAC) to help protect your computer"
7. Click OK.
8. If this is the first time you've turned UAC off, you'll get a message about how important it is. Just click whatever to make it go away.
9. Click "Restart Now" when prompted, or restart later if you wish. The changes won't take effect until you do.
Hope it helps,