New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Send Topic to a Friend
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic   

1029usr078198
Forum Admin

USA
333 Posts

Posted - February 07 2008 :  00:43:00  Show Profile  Email Poster  Visit 1029usr078198's Homepage  Click to see 1029usr078198's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Hello and welcome to our first podcast. My name is David Anderson. We have a question: I’ve heard that Apple Macintosh computers don’t get viruses. Is this true?

The short answer is… no. We hear this rumor often from the Macintosh and, to a lesser extent, Linux camps, but it’s really just a matter of market share. Back in 2005 a virus came out that specifically targeted the Mac platform. It was mainly a proof-of-concept virus, but it proved that the Mac could get a virus. Most viruses you’ll encounter “in the wild” target Windows because Windows has the greatest market share. You see, viruses are about making a name for oneself in the hacker community. Virus writers thus target the most popular operating system in use. If tomorrow Macintosh were to suddenly become number one, it would be targeted just as heavily as Windows.

I hope that answers the question. Thanks for listening and happy computing!
  Previous Topic Topic   
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Send Topic to a Friend
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
DAConsult Forums © 2007-2010 David Anderson Consulting Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.02 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.06