Posted - January 25 2009 : 12:44:41
| You may run into a situation with Small Business Server 2003 wherein the server is able to connect to the Internet, but no one can connect to the server. You may get errors connecting to the router.
Full Symptom List
There may be more symptoms than these, but these were the ones I noted:
- Server can connect to Internet
- Both DHCP & DNS Server Services are up and running
- From a Command Prompt on the Server, pinging daconsult.com works
- From a Command Prompt on any client workstation, pinging daconsult.com does not work
- Client workstations can ping 184.108.40.206 (DAConsult.com's IP address) as long as their IP address lease remains valid
- Client workstations cannot ping the server, either by name or IP address
- IPCONFIG /RENEW fails at client workstations
Check that the Windows Firewall/Internet Connection Sharing service is disabled if you also have the Routing and Remote Access service enabled. Both of these services can be disabled. Of course that means you'll have no remote access to the server. You'll only use one of these services or the other. Enabling both services will cause conflicts that result in the symptoms shown above.
Hope it helps,