New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Send Topic to a Friend
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

1029usr078198
Forum Admin

USA
333 Posts

Posted - May 23 2008 :  15:42:20  Show Profile  Email Poster  Visit 1029usr078198's Homepage  Click to see 1029usr078198's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Listen now. or Download the archive.
Question: I'm getting an error when I try to forward or delete messages in Outlook (not Outlook Express). What can I do? The message says, “The messaging interface has returned an unknown error”.

Answer: The answer to your problem appears below, but you'd be surprised how often you can find an answer to a problem by just typing the error message verbatim, enclosed in quotes, in the Google search box. Usually the first few answers they give are the answer to your problem.

Forum Exclusive Answer:I researched this on the Internet, and many folks were having this problem, too. The fix that helps most people is to right-click your personal folders icon, click on advanced, then check the box labeled “Allow upgrade to large tables.” OK your way out, and I'd restart Outlook. It should work fine after that. Microsoft has several knowledge base articles on this. We'll have a link to it in the forums. Outlook delivers your mail to something called “personal folders” files and these have a limit as to how large they can grow. If one gets too large, you will have problems sending/receiving mail, and may get this error. If you've already checked the Allow upgrade to large tables box and are still getting this message, You'll probably have to make a new Personal Folders file and have your mail delivered there instead.

Cool Gadget: GearJuice: If you travel with your iPod, iPhone, Bluetooth headset, cell phone or other gadgets they probably can be recharged by plugging them into a USB port. IOGear has a portable recharging station you can use called GearJuice. It's basically a Lithium Polymer battery pack that supplies 5 volts through a USB port and can recharge almost anything that takes a mini USB plug. It also includes several different adapters for several manufacturers' other gadgets. The GearJuice itself can be recharged about 500 times. We'll have a link in the forum.

Cool Site: www.dailyaudiobible.com Not exactly a computer-related site, I know. The Bible is important. It's important for Christians to get in, and stay in, the Word. But our busy lives may keep us from doing that as often as we should or would like. That may be why some of this stations' listeners are here. Each day, the Daily Audio Bible podcast provides parts of the Old Testament, New Testament, Psalms, and Proverbs. To that, Brian, the host, adds a short devotional and prayer, and wraps up with a caller's testimony. Each week, he reads from a different translation. He may not appeal to everyone, but I've found it helpful in my own life.

It's All “Geek” To Me: Drivers: Short programs that allow Windows to control your hardware devices. Take a screen for example. Windows knows how to draw things on what it thinks is a screen. Your video driver listens to what Windows is telling it to do, and then telling your video card how to actually do it. If Windows tells the screen to do something it can't do, the video driver lets Windows know that, too. As a real-world example, I only speak English. If you only spoke French, we'd need someone to translate what I say in English into French and vice versa. That translator drives the conversation in the same way a driver works in a computer.

Links

Microsoft Knowledge Base Article: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/813517
Daily Audio Bible: http://www.dailyaudiobible.com
GearJuice: http://www.iogear.com/solutions/mobility/?view=101
'Device Driver' Entry on Wikipedia: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Device_driver
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Send Topic to a Friend
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
DAConsult Forums © 2007-2010 David Anderson Consulting Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.03 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.06